1.03.2011

Rosemary, Goat Cheese, and Prosciutto Bread

I just received my first bread maker for Christmas, and I couldn’t wait to try out my own homemade bread. I have always thought of making bread as a daunting task, but had I realized how simple it could be to create gourmet bread at home, I would have invested in a bread maker long ago! After trying a few recipes that came with the machine, I am now familiar with the measurements and have begun experimenting with my own flavor combinations. I hope you enjoy the first of many bread recipes to come!
Rosemary, Goat Cheese, and Prosciutto Bread
Makes one 2 lb. loaf
*for use with a bread maker
1-1/3 cups water
1-1/2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1-1/2 tsp. salt
4 cups bread flour
1 tbsp. fresh minced rosemary
1 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. active dry yeast
6 oz. goat cheese
1 cup coarsely chopped prosciutto
1/2 cup pine nuts


It's done!

Add water and oil to bread maker pan, then top with salt, flour, rosemary, and sugar. Create a small well with finger in dry ingredients only and pour in yeast, making sure yeast does not come in contact with wet ingredients.
Place pan in bread maker and set for one 2 lb. French loaf. Let mixture go through the first kneading cycle, then quickly add goat cheese and prosciutto.
When bread maker comes to the final rising stage, evenly sprinkle pine nuts on top of dough.
After bread is cooked, let cool slightly before removing from pan and slicing.  

Oh, the endless sandwich possibilities!


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great combination! I'll have to try a gluten free version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good. I have never used goat cheese before and I don't have a bread machine but I think I'll keep an eye out for a sale and pick one up. I look forward to reading more and invite you to follow along with me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds awesome I also love to share recipes on my blog at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete