10.26.2010

Grilled Pomegranate-Herb Chicken Drumsticks

I want to share a new recipe that I just came up with a few nights ago. I had some pomegranate juice, herbs from my garden, and chicken drumsticks in the fridge...so I decided to experiment. It was a huge hit with my family for dinner!

Grilled Pomegranate-Herb Chicken Drumsticks
Serves 4
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
My plate....yum!
1 tbsp. rosemary, chopped
1 tbsp. tarragon, chopped
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1/2 tbsp. dried chopped onion
1 tsp. ginger, peeled and minced
1 tsp. salt, or to taste
1/2 tsp. black pepper, or to taste
8 large chicken drumsticks


Also needed:
1 gallon sized zip top bag
Nonstick grill spray or oil


Combine first 8 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and let simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
Once marinade is cooled, combine with drumsticks in a gallon zip top bag, squeezing out some of the air so that the marinade is covering the drumsticks. Place in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
Heat grill to medium high heat. Spray grill with nonstick spray or brush with oil to prevent sticking. Grill chicken about 10 minutes per side, until has reached internal temperature of 160 degrees F. Serve immediately.
Cook’s recommendation: serve with rice and steamed vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment